Monday, July 23, 2007

Pictures of My Killi Set Up

I took some bad pics of my killie tank with my camera phone. I put a black sweater behind it for the picture because I haven't gotten a background yet. The container & the medicine bottle next to it have eggs in them (and some extra plant stems), I have like 12 or 13 eggs now. Plants are rotala magenta, bolbitis fern, dwarf baby tears and on the left are 2 little stems of glosso. The light is a 13 watt light I got from lowes, 6700K i think was the color temp. It was either that or 6500K. No filter, daily water changes. I am keeping the water level low until I make some kind of top as I don't want them to jump. It is usually slightly higher than this though, I ran out of aged water to fill it up more. I'm not sure how the bolbitis fern will do without current but maybe with the daily water changes it will be ok. The wood is grape vine, boiled many, many times before it would sink. Fish are 2 A. Bitaeniatum "ijebu ode" and there is 1 amano shrimp in there. In the back left corner is the spawning mop . . . where they lay their eggs.

I purchased some live food cultures and 16 petri dish things to keep eggs and fry in. The live foods were walter worms and banana worms. Now I need to order some brine shrimp eggs.

Close up of the tank2ish gallon Kili tank

No comments: